Welcome to Our online portal
- All non-essential construction is required to be secured and made safe no later than March 27, 2020.
- Construction occurring in/on occupied dwellings and all type of ?emergency? work is considered essential. All new construction and construction of unoccupied buildings is considered non-essential.
- Currently construction projects in Somerville will be allowed to continue. Please submit a Job Hazard Analysis(JHA) and Site Specific Safety Plan(SSSP) for continued operations during the emergency declaration, upload these documents to CitizenServe. Projects that do not have a submitted JHA and SSSP will not be allowed to operate.
- If there are further restrictions placed on construction projects as the City’s emergency response measures become more defined a notification will be made to all projects through CS and will be followed up with direct contact from the project inspector.
- If additional restrictions are enacted projects will be given time to properly and safely secure the site.
- There will be additional details provided if additional restrictions are mandated.
- All restaurant establishment are limited to “Take Out” and “Delivery” services
- Grocery stores, convenience stores and “corner” stores are allowed to remain open and shall practice social distancing requirements to the fullest extent possible
- No non-prepackage self-service food is allowed for purchase i.e. salad bars, olive bars, etc.
- COVID Spread Prevention
- EPA Approved Disinfectants
- JHA Template and Instructions
- OSHA COVID Worker Exposure Prevention
Thank you for vising our website where you can access all of online services from your home, office, or mobile device.
Through this portal you have access to all of our online services for permitting, planning and zoning, licensing, code enforcement and general requests. We value your input, if you have any comments or suggestions please email us at email@example.com.
Online Services You Need
- LICENSING BY BOARD OF ALDERMEN, LICENSING COMMISSION, HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Starting a business? Learn when you need a license, research submittal requirements, apply online, pay license fees, and view the status of your license application all from your home, office or mobile device.
Apply for a License
Search for a license
Learn more about licensing
- PERMITTING BY BUILDING DEPARTMENT AND ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Remodeling or adding on to your home? Learn when you need a permit, research submittal requirements, apply online, view review status, pay permit fees and schedule inspections all from your home, office or mobile device.
Apply for a Permit
Search for a permit
Learn more about permitting
- PERMITTING BY FIRE PREVENTION BUREAU
Fire Department Permits cannot be applied for through Citizenserve. Permits must be processed in person at 1 Franey Rd., Somerville MA.
Fire permits are required for the following:
‚óŹ Whenever an electrical permit is involving wiring of Fire Alarms then a Fire Alarm installations or modifications permit is also required
‚óŹ Installation/modification to a sprinkler system
‚óŹ All sales of a home/apartment/condo require a Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Inspection
‚óŹ Above or below ground tank installations/removals‚óŹ Dumpsters placed on properties (not on street)
- Failure to obtain a dumpster permit prior to placing a dumpster on property could result in a fine.‚óŹ Tent permits for tents larger than 120 sq. ft.
‚óŹ Food truck inspections
A check or money order, made out to the city of Somerville, is the only acceptable method of payment for Fire Department permits.
Rental Property Sign State Building Code Appeals Board
- Rodent Information-English CSL - Complaint Application
- Rodent Information-Haitian Creole
- Rodent Information-Portuguese
- Rodent Information-Spanish
Constituent Services (311)
Have you seen blight, weeds, illegal parking or other code enforcement violations in your neighborhood? If so submit an online complaint, and it will be automatically routed to the appropriate department for investigation.