Do you need a permit?
Home / Services / Permits / Do you need a permit
A permit is required for projects such as new construction, additions, remodels and repairs to electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Residential New Construction
- Masonry Info
- Commercial New Construction
- Commercial Sign
- County Road encroachment apply online, via Citizenserve
- State Road encroachment apply with SCDOT at http://www.scdot.org/doing/permits_Encroachment.aspx
- No encroachment needed if private road.
- Residential Electrical Only
- Residential Mechanical Only
- Residential Plumbing Only
- Residential Roofing Only
- Commercial Electrical Only
- Commercial Mechanical Only
- Commercial Plumbing Only
- Commercial Roofing Only
City of Westminster
Manufactured Housing (Mobile Home)
- Mobile Home Setup
- Mobile Home Decal Only
- Mobile Home Moving out of County
- Mobile Home Moving within County
- Mobile Home Detitle
In some cases a permit is not necessary1. Detached accessory buildings under 120 sq. ft.
2. Fences less than six feet in height
3. Retaining walls not over four feet in height.
4. Painting and similar finish work.